When corporate DNA combines with architecture.
The STIEBEL ELTRON Energy Campus.
A company's DNA essentially consists of its core competencies. With the Energy Campus, we have put the outstanding competencies we possess into practice. The PlusEnergy house showcases our expertise as technology leader: futureproof product and system solutions are intelligently networked here. In a continuous technology transfer, we pass our know-how on to our trade partners and visitors. This is in keeping with our brand promise "Full of Energy" and creates a space where the spirit of STIEBEL ELTRON can be experienced.
The architecture of the future will unite sustainability and energy efficiency. Wherever possible, it will be of EnergyPlus standard. The Energy Campus is a pioneering achievement in this new way of building.
Interface to the future
With the Energy Campus, STIEBEL ELTRON presents a flagship project for sustainable, energy efficient construction.
This training and communication centre brings together high quality architecture and communication technology, and as a PlusEnergy building, it generates more energy than it consumes.
Why did we build the Energy Campus?
STIEBEL ELTRON regards electricity as the energy source of the future. Our company consciously set an example with the Energy Campus. The future of energy supply based on electricity is already here today. True to our guiding principle "We have the energy to change things", we demonstrate smartly networked futureproof building services here.
What can visitors and trade partners expect to find in the building?
First of all, the Energy Campus is a place for open communication between people, as symbolised by the expansive glass façade. The exchange of knowledge and ongoing transfer of expertise take place here.
STIEBEL ELTRON provides its trade, design and architecture partners with fully functional building services directly in the field. In the training rooms, appliances can be put through extreme outside temperature simulations, for example, and comparisons made.
What building standards are met by the new building?
The Energy Campus is the first building of its kind in the region of southern Lower Saxony to be awarded the DGNB Platinum certificate – a point of pride for STIEBEL ELTRON.
What company aims are you pursuing with the Energy Campus?
The Energy Campus allows the public to experience STIEBEL ELTRON in its entirety – its products, people and corporate culture. It also affirms our commitment to our location.
Experiencing technology in real time
At the heart of the Energy Campus is the technical centre. Here, all strands of the smart network come together.
The Energy Campus' heating and air conditioning systems rely on STIEBEL ELTRON heat pump technology. The water basin in front of the building is symbolic of the fact that groundwater is the renewable energy source for the campus. An optimised building envelope and the photovoltaic modules incorporated in façade and roof, with a capacity of around 120 kWp, complete the holistic concept. The heating energy and cool air generated in the course of training is used as much as possible – a real world laboratory for the energy transition.
In the training rooms, practice takes precedence over theory. In four themed "worlds", we actively engage the participants:
The world of "Heat Pump Systems"
- Which heat sources should be used? How does the same heat pump respond in combination with an underfloor or radiator heating system? Product comparison tests, for example simulating outside temperatures of -15 °C or +25 °C, provide answers to these questions
- Determination of mixed water volume and highest achievable DHW temperature in the water heater
The world of "Domestic Hot Water"
- Innovative presentation of our market leading DHW appliances, for example, by direct comparison of functions and convenience of three different models of instantaneous water heaters
- Appliances in "stress situations" and when the cold water temperature, supply pressure, system temperature or power supply change
- The latest features can be tested, such as WLAN and Bluetooth connectivity or interactive troubleshooting
The world of "Ventilation Systems"
- Central, decentralised, with or without heat recovery? Comparison of ventilation systems
- The possibility of changing framework conditions together with our trainers, for example the flow temperature, outside temperature or heating water flow rate
- Based on this, the assessment of coefficient of performance, heating output and power consumption
The "Installation Centre"
- Detailed appliance information, assistance with installation and troubleshooting: fast, efficient replacement of DHW appliances, troubleshooting and shutdown measures
- Heat pump test stand for simulation, commissioning and fault rectification
- Here, we implement customer's specific wishes
Regional meeting point
The Energy Campus is also designed to meet the specific needs of the region.
For events, four conference rooms with state of the art training media, as well as three meeting rooms are available. For large, prestigious events with up to 300 guests, the spacious foyer area is a good choice.
- Large events with up to 300 guests can be hosted, with state of the art conference technology
- Four conference rooms with state of the art training media, flexibly combinable for up to 100 participants
- Terrace exit to the Energy Garden
- Restaurant and lounge area
- Four themed training rooms: Domestic Hot Water, Ventilation Systems, Heat Pump Systems and Installation Centre
- Loggia with four installed heat pumps in the "Heat Pump Systems" area
- Three meeting rooms for a total of 32 participants
- Spacious lounge area